~ 1743 - 1810
Antoine Borel was born in Paris. He was a French painter, draftsman and engraver.
As the son of a portrait painter, he first devoted himself to the same kind of painting (landscapes and portraits) but then he was also fascinated by the challenges of engraving. He became quite good in engraving nudes and his skills were noticed by publishers who were in desperate need of good erotic engravers due to the high demand of this particular artwork. Around 1780 master engraver François-Rolland Elluin came to assist him.
Borel produced some coloured engravings for L’indiscret (The Indiscretion), and commissions for other erotic titles quickly followed, work he would be doing for the rest of his life.
What makes this artist more interesting for this site is his work for the book Justine, published in 1799 and a few spanking artworks from the book Thérèse Philosophe (1785).
Bdsm related illustrations in books by Antoine Borel presented in gallery below:
2 album/15 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.