~ ca 1920 ~
Bernard Montorgueil was the pseudonym of a French BDSM and spanking artist and author of short stories whose works were originally written and published in the 1920s and 1930s (though not much is known about these original versions). Most of his work has femdom-malesub themes.
Bernard Montorgueil is draped in discretion. His work first circulated underground in the 50s, as four series of drawings together with four texts, originally handwritten. In some editions, the illustrations are in black and white, whereas in other editions they are colorized (in watercolors). The art of Montorgueil is republished very often.
A fascinating album to see is the Extra Rare Art Gallery. It shows the same subject illustrated, one version with signature R or K Wesley (dated 1931) one without signature and one with signature Bernard Montorgueil (dated 1932)
In 1970 the publisher Editions Dominique Leroy published all four books in limited editions for the Netherlands. Editions Bel-Rose published them for France in 1979. Originally these books were published as bundled item in ca 1920/30, with 59 slightly colored art. Some of these (I think) are published in the album Little Color.
The albums with raw sketches that are included (one album with 48 artworks and one with 27 artworks) are unidentified. It is very well possible these were done by someone inspired by his art, or they were raw sketches made as reference.
Illustrated books present in gallery below:
- Dressage (republished in 1979)
- Une Brune piquante (republished in 1979)
- Une Après-midi de Barbara republished in 1979)
- Les Quat’ jeudis (republished in 1979 as Les quatre jeudis)
9 albums/190 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.