Lenchen im Zuchthause was published for the first time in 1840, 1900 for the English translation. I was unable to trace artwork for that edition. The book was translated to French as La Flagellation des femmes en Allemagne. Récit authentique d'une prisonnière, in 1901 with 20 illustrations from Martin Van Maele.
Nell in Bridewell, is a description of the system of corporal punishment (flagellation) in the female prisons of south Germany up to the year 1848 by Wilhelm Reinhard (original title: Lenchen im Zuchthause), tells the story of a young woman who experienced the horrors and indignities of a 19th century House of Correction in Germany.
- Album 1, Martin Van Maele (1901)
- Album 2, Martin Van Maele (1901)
- Album 3, unknown illustrator (1932)
3 albums/44 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.