~ Date of birth unknown
Helmuth Stockmann was a draftsman, caricaturist and illustrator. He illustrated numerous books in the twenties, including new editions by E.T.A. Hoffmann and Diderot, also many erotic (and some at that time controversial and forbidden) works. His works were featured in the war leaflets (published by P. Cassirer), among others. published together with those by Max Liebermann.
There is very little known for this artist, a guess is he was in his late twenties when Germany went to war in 1914, he produced his first book cover for a German translated version of Diderot's Ceci n’est pas un conte, in 1910
The erotic portfolios Sünde and Puder show a mix of sex, power and death. There are resemblances to discover with the art from Felicien Rops, Franz von Bayros and Aubrey Beardsley.
3 albums/19 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.