~ First published in 1908
Originally published in French in 1908, with illustrations from M. del Giglio. The book was written by Aimé van Rod, a writers collective. In 1930 it was republished with images from Gaston Smit. One item with the same title was published by the Artistic Library under the pseudonym J. Saint-Vallier in 1927 but it is not sure if this is the same book. This book was illustrated by Charles Hirlemann.
The English edition 'The Conjugal Whip' tells the story of two families and of how the whip and birch rod were introduced to great effect, despite the initial protests of both the young wives. When Léonie’s hen-pecked father discovers his new son-in-law thrashing his daughter he is naturally furious. But after eventually being placated he is persuaded to use the same treatment to tame his dominating wife.
The book was sentenced by the Criminal Court of Seine room 17th December 4, 1951 and by the Court of Appeal of Paris 10th District Court on October 27, 1953
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.