~ 1885 - 1960
Paul-Emile Becat was a French painter, printmaker and engraver, and was awarded first prize in the Prix de Rome in 1920. He was a student of Gabriel Ferrier and François Flameng and exhibitioned at the Salon de Paris in 1913. Returning from his travels to the Congo, Gabon, and the Sudan, he specialised from 1933 in the technique of drypoint in his erotic works.
He illustrated close to 100 books most of which were of highly erotic content. Authors for which he illustrated works include Voltaire, Diderot, Pierre Louÿs, Baudelaire, Piron, Verlaine, Géraldy, Hélèna Varley and Brantôme.
Today he is best known for his portraits of French writers, and for his erotic works. I managed to put together some albums with bdsm artworks, and his art for the book La Religieuse is presented in the gallery below.
5 albums/44 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.