~ First published in 1899
The Memoirs of Dolly Morton is a Victorian spanking novel that was published by Charles Carrington in London in 1899, with illustrations by Louis Malteste.
The work was published under the collective pseudonym Jean de Villiot, and is falsy attributed to Hugues Rebell (George Grassal). The real writer seems to have been It has been suggested that the author is Hector France.
The full title is The Memoirs of Dolly Morton: The Story of A Woman’s Part in the Struggle to Free the Slaves, An Account of the Whippings, Rapes, and Violences that Preceded the Civil War in America, with Curious Anthropological Observations on the Radical Diversities in the Conformation of the Female Bottom and the Way Different Women Endure Chastisement.
The book relates the misadventures of Quakers Dolly Morton and her companion Miss Dove, who venture into the American South to help with an Underground Railroad. They are captured, flagellated and raped, and Dolly Morton is forced to be the mistress of a plantation owner. The book is written as the memoirs of Dolly Morton after she has become a madam. The illustrations from Louis Malteste are most likely his very first spanking artworks to be published, I found three artworks that are connected to the 1899 publication, however the same artworks also appear in the 1917 publication. So I am not entirely sure if they reproduced exactly the same artworks.
In 1901, a French translation was published under the title En Virginie which has been stripped of the sexually explicit parts. It was also published under the title L'Esclavage et les punitions corporelles en Amérique. These were illustrated by William Adolphe Lambrecht.
- Album 1 by Louis Malteste, 1899
- Album 2 by William Adolphe Lambrecht, 1901
- Album 3 by anonymous artist, 1904
- Album 4 engravings by George Dola, 1904
- Album 5 by Louis Malteste, 1917
- Album 6 by Imre Hofbauer, 1970
6 albums/45 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.