~ 1918 - 1964
Pseudonym for a Swiss/French Artist, referred to as 'Swiss Jim' (so this artist might not be confused with the other 'German' Jim)
He also used the pseudonym Gil. There is nearly nothing known for this artist, a collector knew he was originally from Geneva, he worked as a technical draftsman for a design company and died during a holiday trip in 1964. Jim worked for Irving Klaw's Nutrix publications from 1952 through 1963/1964.
His drawings are in many SM books (mostly in the Irwing Klaw range), like the Magazine 'Subjugating a Male Bondage Model' and the book Baroness of Torture Museum. One of his best-known creations was 'Baroness Steel', a feature that was also collected in Bizarre Comix issue 5 in 1976.
Books illustrated that are featured in gallery below:
- l'éducation des filles vicieuses (1950)
- Baroness Steel (1957)
- Perilous Bondage (1959)
- Juno's Girls (1960)
- Girl Psycho (1960)
- Chained Captives (1960)
- Bondage Sleuth's (1960)
- Sold into Slavery (1962)
- Letters on Discipline (unknown date)
There is an album titled Baroness Steel (sketch), these sketchworks were referred to as being from Jim. There were no other references, it could be that these were his set up sketches or ideas, but it could also be drawn by someone else. Perhaps someone who wanted to inspire for the story, or someone who sketched after the album Baroness Steel.
Non members can view a gallery on the Bondage Art Blog.
17 albums/268 artworks
Latest Update: July 7, 2023 -> Baroness Steel (76 artworks)
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.