~ First published in 1748
Thérèse Philosophe (Therese the Philosopher) is a 1748 French novel ascribed to Jean-Baptiste de Boyer, Marquis d'Argens. It has been chiefly regarded as a pornographic novel, which accounts for its massive sales in 18th-century France.
I did some research to find various artworks by different artists, all for the same story. There aren’t many artists known, while there are various editions of the book with different artworks.
Antoine Borel was the artist who illustrated for the edition published in 1785. There are also some artworks done by an artist or engraver named Delchroche (for who I was unable to find info).
- Album 1 by anonymous artist, 1748
- Album 2 by Delcroche, ca 1780
- Album 3 by Antoine Borel, 1785
- Album 4 anonymous artists
4 albums/23 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.