~ First published in 1914
Les Malheurs de Colette is a spanking novel by Aimé Van Rod. It was first published in 1914 by Librairie Artistique et Édition Parisienne Réunies.
There is also a 1928 edition by Édition Parisienne which was illustrated by Gaston Smit and has a cover illustration by Martin van Maele (this is a standard drawing used for many covers so I did not include it, you can view it in the banner at the top of this page, the middle artwork)
The novel was translated to English under the title The Misfortunes of Colette or The Ironical Fruits of Discipline, which features 8 illustrations by Eric Galton. It was issued privately for subscribers only by Gargoyle Press in circa 1930. One can see how Galton based three of his illustrations on Topfer's. Re-edited and translated also under title Colette's shame or Strange Passions: the unusual story of a woman flagellant by The Lashe Press in 1936. There has also been a partial translation for collectors and students of psychology, published in 1940 with a re-edit in 1960: Maiden spankings: fruits of discipline.
- Album 1 Les Malheurs de Colette by Gaston Smit (1928)
- Album 2 The Misfortunes of Colette by Eric Galton (1930)
2 albums/13 artworks
To view all artworks you need to login
Make sure that you are logged in as premium member to view and download all artworks. Select one of the options that applies to you:
- I am already a member, let me login
- I don't have an account and need to sign up, let me register
- I did have an account but forgot my password
- I want to check my account
- I am considering to become premium member but I have questions, please read the faq or contact me.
- I am a premium member but I have problems viewing premium content, please contact me.